Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Weekend

I have to catch up on a few things that had happened this weekend. I had an action packed weekend and had a great time. It got even better come Saturday. I took a few days off work to use up some vacation time and I think it was very well spent.

On Thursday, my first day off, my sister in law, my wife and I prepared to have a garage sale. We decided to have it at the sister in laws house as she lives in a more populated area and wanted to get maximum traffic. We spent pretty much the entire day prepping for the event. Hanging signs, pricing out items, and setting up tents. It was fun, not loads but I had a good time. I also got to meet my wife's cousin who was in town from Florida for a family reunion that was taking place on Sunday. Overall it was a good day. I enjoyed myself quite a bit.
Friday, I woke up early, and was at the garage sale all day long. We sold a ton of stuff and made some decent money. Nothing to brag about but I got rid of some unwanted items. What was really cool was going through all my old tapes. I no longer have a tape player so it's kinda purposeless to hang on to all these things. There was a ton of them. My brother in law was the same way. Lots and lots of tapes. All 80's music which really brought back the memories. Music is what kept me sane and alive in my teenage years so it was a nice trip down memory lane.

I received a phone call from a friend on Friday that I have not heard from in quite some time. He told me that he had been giving 4 tickets to the Jets vs redskins game in the Meadowlands for Saturday night. Now I'm a huge Redskins fan and he knows it so this was behind exciting for me. To top it all off, it would be my first NFL game. I was stoked. I could have jumped out of my skin I was so excited.

Saturday came and I was back up to my sister in laws bright and early to continue this garage sale thing. I just had to be back home to my house by 2:30 to leave for the game. The first part of the morning went quite well. We had a few stragglers come in but then it started pouring rain. Everything got soaked. You actually couldn't do anything but laugh. It lasted about an hour and a half with 3 times when it was a torrential downpour. After that, the sun came out and we had ourselves a beautiful day. We sold a lot more stuff and I was pretty happy. And that was all before 1 Pm as I left to go home to get ready to go to the game.

The 4 hour drive to the game was fun. My bro in law and my friend hit it off real well which was nice. The conversation was great and it went by pretty fast. I was pretty excited by the time we got there. The parking situation was weird but we made it. Nothing like parking 3 miles from the stadium and busing it in. I didn't care, I was there and it felt great.

The game was great. Even better so was the Redskins won on a last second missed field goal by the Jets. My buddy was so ticked. He's a Jets fan and although he's used to having a team choke, that was a hard one to swallow.

I had a great time and couldn't thank my buddy enough!

Well, we left the game and headed home. It was 11:00 and we had a 4 hour drive. We finally made it home around 3 am. I crashed immediately and my bro in law stayed at my house. No sense driving back to his house at that point. We had a family reunion to get to in the morning.

We got up around 9 and started getting ready for my wife's family reunion. It was in Alex Bay so we had yet another drive ahead. Only an hour and a half but it was still a drive. First we went to my in SIL's house so her hubby could get ready. While there I took this really cool picture. I thought it was neat so I wanted to share it with you.


We made it up to Alex Bay for the family reunion. It was alot of fun actually. I ate a lot, drank a lot and had a good time. One thing I want to do was take my kids to Boldt Castle. I have never been there so I thought it would be a cool experience. We took the boat over to the island, after my youngest had a nervous breakdown about being on a boat, and nobody was disappointed. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it. Lots of very cool history and absolutely beautiful grounds.


I must say, I had a great weekend. It was long and I was totally exhausted but, it was so very worth it. I made the wife drive home. I had to work in the morning and it was 10:30. I was happy. My kids had a really good time and that's all that mattered.

1 comment:

It's you know who! said...

Glad you had fun, sounds like a great weekend! :)